Welcome to "gfreetek." This site is for those interested in the future development of humanity as a space-age species, a forum to discuss theories and philosophies with like-minded individuals. Please feel free to read any of the threads or published articles here, and to sign in or register to add any comment of your own.

This site is moderated to facilitate productive and respectful discussion. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Don Pettit's Saturday Morning Science

I was just perusing the video bar top left, here, as I was making a coffee, and I found this youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk7LcugO3zg&eurl=http://gfreetek.blogspot.com/ in case it doesn't come up when you're here) about drinking coffee in space, which I've decided is the thing I'd most like to do right now! Well, maybe still the whole "World Peace," thing, but "Coffee In Space," is definitely in my top 10, now.... Anyway, a few years ago I was priviledged to attend the International Space Conference when it came to Vancouver, where astronaut Don Pettit (ISS exp 6 member) presented a seminar and a series of video clips he'd made of what he came to call his "Saturday Morning Science," experiments. The 'space coffee' thing jogged my special memory of that event, and in case you haven't had a chance to see them for yourself NASA has kindly posted them for posterity. Check out the clips, there's some AMAZING stuff! http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/station/crew/exp6/spacechronicles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment